Name:
Location: Near Reading, Pennsylvania, United States

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Old Abe and Our Times

I just finished reading "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" by Doris Kearns Goodwin. This is a great book for anybody who even remotely enjoys history or politics. I though I would read some here and there but I couldn't put it down. I was even kinda sad when he was assassinated .... Like I didn't know it was coming.

It just made me wonder were all the great leaders have gone. He went against everything his advisers and Congress was telling him. He did what he thought was right and what, in most cases, the people wanted.

We could use a little of that today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home