Name:
Location: Near Reading, Pennsylvania, United States

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Election '08 Thoughts

So the big election is but a year away .... Here are some thoughts.

Republicans:
Rudi ..... well the man is nuts!
Romney ..... which side of the mirror are you on today?
McCain ..... I loved him in 2000. I say bring back the straight talk express.

Democrats:
Hillary ..... I want to vote for Bill again but if I have to
Obama ..... I just wonder if he has enough experience
Biden ..... Day has passed him by. I think he is running for a cabinet job
Richardson ..... One of my favorites but not much of a chance
Edwards ..... I like him but just don't know

My Favorites:
1. Al Gore
2. Bill Richrdson
3. John McCain
4. Barack Obama (?)

OK so my 1 favorite isn't running and I don't think will run. I have a year to find another.

Random thoughts:
McCain lost much of his support because of his stand on Iraq. Guess what .... We are going to be there for some time no matter who wins. Just everybody admit it and move on.

Good read:
A very good essay by Andrew Sullivan in The Atlantic Monthly. After reading this I started to give him serious thought. Maybe it is his time.

The Atlantic Monthly - Goodbye To All That

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home