Name:
Location: Near Reading, Pennsylvania, United States

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Rambling Thoughts

Call this the Global Warming and Ignorance edition.

I was at a birthday party for my cousin's son Sunday night. We had 60 Minutes on the TV after Villanova b-ball game. Well there was a piece on about the Bush administration's censoring of scientific reports on global warming. Well I got into an argument with my uncle, cousin, and another cousin's husband. I was outnumbered. They don't believe in global warming or anything like it. Which brings me to the quote of the night.

Cousin's husband - "I think it's just arrogant to think we can change the environment."
Other gems - "Science is just political ... The administration can't put out reports it doesn't believe in" - as if science were, well, political.

Come on now. I just wished my son was in the room. He will be going to Penn State in the fall to study environmental science. Very into it. He would have argued them into the ground ... Me I gave up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home