Name:
Location: Near Reading, Pennsylvania, United States

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Curl Gurls


I wrote this at work a couple days ago and never got it posted. Than I found out today my girls were eliminated. I am going ahead and posting it anyway.

February 16 .... They call them the "curl girls" - the US women's curling team. A cuter group of olympians you have never seen. Maybe not as beautiful as some have been (a group of pole-vaulters from the 2000 Sydney summer games comes to mind). But for outright all-American cuteness they can't be beat.

So now I am watching and trying to understand the sport. This from a person whose daughter has been playing field hockey for over a year and still doesn't understand the rules! Also this sport is pretty hard to figure out when you only see it every four years. Start with the equipment - stones, brooms, cigarettes, and pitchers of beer. OK those last two are my personal additions.

But the curl girls have gotten my attention. And, if you have gotten this far, yours too. You will be watching for them on TV. Don't lie .... You will.

Curl Girls
Women's curling roundup NBColympics.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home