Name:
Location: Near Reading, Pennsylvania, United States

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thoughts of the War

February 25, 2006 10:00 AM At Work

Just finished reading an article I had saved from the December 36, 2005 edition of the LA Times called "Struggles Don't End With guardsman Return" (LA Times). I watched the news about the Shia shrine bombing and all the civil war talk. Than I read an article like this. You just have to wonder. Was it, or should I say, is it all worth it? I should add that I was in full support of the war from the start.

I have nothing but support for all the troops and the war effort. But there comes a point where I just have to think the hell with them. They don't want us there. They blame us for everything. And all they want to do is kill each other in the name of Allah. I am mad and tired of it and I say LET THEM!

We send young recruits and middle-aged guardsman over there to fight and die in our name. When they get back they should have the best care money can buy. Their families should not fall apart while they are gone because of a lack of anything. Tax cuts be damned .... Cost should not matter.

As I said I supported the war from day 1. Not the Bush administration's handling of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home